General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1993 honda accord lx 4dr warning lights help!!!

Old 03-10-2007, 10:03 PM
matta2002
Unregistered
Default 1993 honda accord lx 4dr warning lights help!!!

I have a 93 honda accord lx 4dr automatic. I got in yesterday, and turned on the car and left. As i was driving down the road, i noticed my warding lights for a door ajar was red for all 4 doors, and the trunk open light was on where the car symbol is next to the temp gauge. I truned off the car and checked all the doors, they seemed fine. ( also, the brake light warning light was out also, but thats been like that even after i replaced the brake lights). I turned the car back on and they were all on still. I kept driving, and they went out, then right back on. (it did that a few times). Then it went out. But came back on about 3-4 min. later.The brake light warning stayed n the entire time. Do you have any tips on what i can do to find out whats wrong? Will a shop be able to run diagnostics on it when the light is on and be able to find out whats wrong? Any insight would be great.
tried earching for this topic, ut couldnt find any.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM
matta2002
Unregistered
Default RE: 1993 honda accord lx 4dr warning lights help!!!

1993 HONDA ACCORD LX 4 DOOR AUTOMATIC

Old 03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

The 4-drs ajar at same time suggests a possible problem (connector problem, damaged or cracked circuit) w/ the instrument panel where the logic components are part of the printed circuit board integrated into the instrument panel. It could also result from wiring damage under the dash (any history of wiring surgery for burgular alarm or new radio?). A used instrument panel may be easiest way to fix this if there are no wiring issues.

The brake light out warning usually arises from loose bulb connections orcracked filament (burns most of the time but occasionally goes out)in the bulb. Are you sure both tail lights and rear window upper light are working? I've simply replaced all the brake light bulbs to fix this problem, and others have experienced similar problems.

A Honda Accord shop manual w/ circuit diagrams and tests is essential for detecting faults in these systems.

good luck

Old 03-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i would remove the instrument cluster and chk for any loose , poor connections ,bad wires , if all is ok i would have to agree with Texas , there might be a bad circuit board and the cheapest way is to replace the cluster with a used one

Old 02-07-2008, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: deserthonda

i would remove the instrument cluster and chk for any loose , poor connections ,bad wires , if all is ok i would have to agree with Texas , there might be a bad circuit board and the cheapest way is to replace the cluster with a used one
Heres a plug for the search feature.

Is the removal a difficult job? IfI end up swapping in aused cluster what do you do about mileage?Seems if I resale or tradeinat some point that becomes a major issue?

Thanks

Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 AM

Save the old cluster for documentation. Call your state tax commission title division or highway patrol and find out what the procedures are for reporting mileage.
If I were you, I would save the old one and see if I could roll the used one to the exact mileage that was on the old one when it was taken out. then take some pictures showing the date taken with the cluster's next to each other showing the mileage is the same. I'm not sure if that is legal though...... you should check with your state laws first to CYA.