Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

Interior Celing/Side Cloth Lining

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 09:22 AM
senorbuck
Unregistered
Default Interior Celing/Side Cloth Lining

Hey guys, I've got a spot towards the back of the interior of my '04 (right side rear, near the headrest, near the rear airbag curtain) where the interior cloth type lining seems to be coming off a bit. It's almost as if there's an air bubble underneath the cloth lining. It's annoying the crap out of me and was wondering if there's a way to flatten it out.

Is there some type of super clear glue type substance to rub on it to get it to stick again? What do most people do when the cloth lining starts to peel off or lose its stick?

Confusing, I know!

Thanks

Old 08-04-2006, 11:25 AM
Default RE: Interior Celing/Side Cloth Lining

I can't quite put it together as far as what you are talking about. If the car is in warranty go to the dealer, if not then try an auto upholstery shop.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:00 PM

if you drive with the window down quite often the headliner will start to seperate, there is no permanent fix except to replace the headliner, any good upholstry shop can replace it, cost used to be between 100 - 200 dollars.

Old 08-04-2006, 04:11 PM

If you're annoyed and looking to fix it anyway... before you go to the upolstery shop get some lightweight 3m sprak glue and carefully peal back from the area where the headliner meets the car frame until you've got a pathway to the bubble... now you can do two different things here... either carefully spray a few bursts of spray glue into there or take a ruler hose it down with the glue (on one end only) and reach inbetween the headliner and the roof and rub some glue up there and spread it all around until you think you have a nice even layer then start from the center most area of the car and work your way to the outside edge (a rolling pin could actually help you here... I'd just use the spray glue myself and spray it up there... also be aware that the fabric streches so be carefull not to "tug" on it to much or you could get a wrinkle... If you're already annoyed and planning on paying to have it fixed why not try it yourself for a few dollars and a can of glue?

Old 08-04-2006, 11:48 PM
senorbuck
Unregistered

Awesome guys, thanks for the advice. Yah, was a little confusing to explain.

I'll try the glue. Was thinking of taking a needle syringe with some sort of glue, squirting it up underneath the bubble, and then spread it around and use a ruler to rub it out nice and flat.

Again, appreciate the info!

Old 08-05-2006, 01:47 AM

Sounds worth a try, I used to use that spray glue all the time when I built light fixtures.....sounds like a great solution. If you screw it up, you can't make it much worse anyway as you will eventually have to replace it (or have it replaced). It will only get worse, my old work truck had it hanging all over my head when I was driving (yuck!).

I love my vinyl headliner!

Old 08-05-2006, 12:04 PM
senorbuck
Unregistered

Yah, luckily this is the side liner. It's the rear right airbag section liner. Right where it indents in towards the bottom is where it's come unstuck. Thinking I'll get some of the glue, as liquidy as I can get it, use a real small syringe, squirt it up in there in small little areas, then smooth it out...

Wonder if that airbag cover piece comes off? Make things easier...

Hah!