Tires & Wheels What wheels are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

All Season Performance Tires

Old 08-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Default All Season Performance Tires

Hey I'm new and I was just wondering what would be the best All Season Performance Tires? My preferences are 1. Handling 2. Longevity 3. Noise
I have a 1999 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6 3.0

Old 08-28-2011, 02:53 PM

What is your price range?

Old 08-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Hmmm lol I'm trying to keep it under $600

Old 08-28-2011, 05:09 PM

Four door or two door? They actually have different tire and rim sizes. However, I think Bridgesport Potenzas come in both sizes, and when I had those on my car I liked them a lot. Until I popped/shredded three of them

Old 08-28-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Peli
Four door or two door? They actually have different tire and rim sizes. However, I think Bridgesport Potenzas come in both sizes, and when I had those on my car I liked them a lot. Until I popped/shredded three of them
Haha 2 door and its 205 60 r16 I could've told you that a while ago and how long did they last?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies

the Go19 potenza is a 50,000 mile tire i belive..they have a problem with feathering if you dont rotate them like you should. iv got them on my 02 coupe an there great. the have a pretty love out of round rate so the ride is fairly smooth. good tire highly reccomend

Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Newest Of Newbies

needs to be a V speed rated tire to i believe

Old 08-28-2011, 10:28 PM

Lol yeah the rating needs to be V nothing less.

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 PM
Newest Of Newbies

which add $$ lol

Old 08-29-2011, 10:36 PM

Actually you don't NEED a V rated tire. Who said that? Are they working on commission? The only real difference between an H (or any other) rated tire and a V is the max speed at which they're rated. It's mostly about the material they're made of, belt configuration and how they're constructed to avoid warping and how they dissipate heat at high speeds. Handling doesn't factor into it as much as speed.

Consider this: did you ever drive at the 149mph rating of the V tires that came equipped on your car? Do you take hard fast corners? If not, you don't need a tire rated that high. In fact, you don't want a tire rated that high because there's no reason for it and you'll just be wasting your money and narrowing down your tire selection. An H rated tire will go up to 129mph, which should be plenty for daily driving and by dropping a rating you likely won't lose handling you'd notice unless you take your car to autocross events. In fact, you'll open up your selection to more tires and probably be able to find a tire with good handling that is affordable to you. I'm on H rated tires and my car corners fine at 45mph and I can get around one of those traffic control islands at 35mph. You might even notice less cabin noise and get more life out of the tires if you go with a good tread pattern on Hs instead of Vs. Some higher rated tires are made of a stickier material that will up handling a bit, but at the cost of longevity of the tire. Not to mention there's less resistance when the material isn't so sticky and you might see a bit better gas mileage if you drop to an H. These are things you should consider.

And I've hit 135mph on my H's and the world didn't implode

I know I have a thread from some other forum bookmarked that goes into this in better detail than I can and I'll try to find it for you.

Last edited by Peli; 08-29-2011 at 10:43 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: All Season Performance Tires