Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Accord factory radio display Error E - Code instructions

Old 05-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Default Accord factory radio display Error E - Code instructions

I have 2007 Accord and my radio display Error E. I have read some post and they all regarding battary replacement. Which problem is it : my battary have drain out or my radio unit has problem. I havn't change my battary and no reminder on the dash board.

Thanks so much in advance!

Old 05-30-2010, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

The battery plays a role when the factory radio has an anti-theft feature requiring a code be entered. The owners manual packet should contain a small card with a 5 digit number. when the battery is disconnected this code needs to be entered. The radio will display CoDE and you'll have 5 tries before it is locked.

Disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute or so, make sure you leave a door open so the dome light drains any residual charge. Reconnect the battery negative terminal (always disconnect negative first and reconnect negative last). When your head unit displays CoDE enter the 5 digit code on your card. (Note that some of us Honda owners had two different code cards and only one worked).

You can always contact your local Honda dealership and ask them to fix it (for a fee).

If you don't have your codes or can't find your cards - try this:

Originally Posted by WikiAnswers
Make sure your radio is OFF. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time. Turn the radio on and your SERIAL NUMBER will appear. 4 numbers first and then 4 more. Write them down (obviously) then call (800) 999-1009. Make sure you have your VIN number handy because they will ask for it. They will ask for your name and approx. milage, and your radio's serial number. They will then give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN!

IF you have the VIN#, and are registered with Honda, you can go to their website https://radio-navicode.honda.com/. You will need to enter your VIN#, registered phone number and zip code as well as your radio/nav serial number (retrieval process detailed above). The site walks you through the inputs and if successful, then spits either your radio code or nav code.

Old 06-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Thank you. I'll try to reset the code.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Red face 94-95 honda accord lx stock radio code where to find it

need help finding code to radio and the dealership charging way to much for something said could be done myself but not sure where to start looking please does anyone have a clue.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

did you try the method described above?

Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM

Thanks so much, the code on the manual helped fix this issue. Thanks again.

Ranjith

Originally Posted by keep_hope_alive
The battery plays a role when the factory radio has an anti-theft feature requiring a code be entered. The owners manual packet should contain a small card with a 5 digit number. when the battery is disconnected this code needs to be entered. The radio will display CoDE and you'll have 5 tries before it is locked.

Disconnect the battery negative terminal for a minute or so, make sure you leave a door open so the dome light drains any residual charge. Reconnect the battery negative terminal (always disconnect negative first and reconnect negative last). When your head unit displays CoDE enter the 5 digit code on your card. (Note that some of us Honda owners had two different code cards and only one worked).

You can always contact your local Honda dealership and ask them to fix it (for a fee).

If you don't have your codes or can't find your cards - try this:

Old 12-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Question Radio not working

Greetings to the group. I have an 03 accord and the battery went flat. After recharging the battery the radio doesn't work. Reading this thread took me to the card in the glove box. After pressing the power button the word code appreas. I enter the 5 digit number, but get an error message. Doing something wrong? Whats next? Thanks in advance, Allan

Old 12-11-2010, 11:32 PM
Super Moderator

look for another card. for some reason, some of us have found two cards in the glove box, and only one actually works. i did.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:38 AM
Default Radio Code

Hello peeps! Got a 2008 honda and can't find the radio code anywhere. Got the S/N: 3001 1843. Please help, cant also locate VIN #.

Thanks a lot

Old 08-27-2011, 10:25 AM
Red face Nav code assistance

I tried to obtain the code by holding down the 1 & 6 to obtain the serial number. That did not work. Can anyone provide assistance in obtaining the code for my 2005 Honda Accord with Navigation (touch screen no buttons to press).

Thanks in advance for any assistance!..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Accord factory radio display Error E - Code instructions