General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2007 Accord no Passenger Low Beams

Old 03-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Default 2007 Accord no Passenger Low Beams

Have a 07 accord. passenger side low beams stopped working. High beams still work. Replaced the buld with the same as came out, sylvania 9005. Still no low beams. Cheacked all fuses and all are good. Any pics on where the relays are or how to check them would be appreciated.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Fuse #6 -10 amp in the UNDERHOOD fuse panel;
That is the point where the circuit splits to each headlight, so you can rule out anything before the relay in the fuse box.
Test for power at the headlight connection. [testlights are cheap]
High and low beam share a common ground point

Old 11-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Default Low beam passenger side Headlight issue 2005 Accord Coupe 6MT

I have the same problem but don't see any resolution.
My issue is no passenger low beam. The driver side low beam DOES work and Both high beams also working.
No power at headlight bulb plug connector, not across plug connections, nor from either plug connector to body ground.
At the fuse block(#6, 10amp), with fuse removed, no power when voltmeter leads put on both leads, but power on one side if voltmeter put to body ground on other side.
My question is, do you think the low beam relay could be the problem? Does the relay have seperate outputs for left and right low beams? Schematics don't show that. I could swap relays but didn't get to that yet.
Any suggestions? Appreciate any help.

Old 11-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Hang on. Let me see if I'm reading this correct. With the fuse out, one side has power, that is good, means power is making it to that point. With the fuse IN, check both sides of the fuse, to ground, to see if voltage is there. If so and there is nothing at the socket-to ground,,,find the broken wire between the fuse panel and the socket....good luck, I hate wire issues.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Smile Thanks for the advice Poorman!!

I'm going to try to get back to working on it this weekend. I'll check with your suggestion.
In the meatime I'll have to hope that the driver's side low beam doesn't take a SH%T as well.
Other than a fuse, I've never had a car that had a headlight circuit problem before. Seems like something that would be engineered to be fool proof. But then again with so many things to go wrong when you include the high/low switch at the steering wheel, control modules, relays and multiplexers. I haven't heard the term multiplexers since electronics school.

Also, I can't figure out where the low/high beam relays are located in the under hood fuse box. Are they under the dash, does anyone know? I was going to swap them to see if the low beams start working.... They aren't labeled on the top of the fuse box cover!!! Looks like Honda wants us to bring it in to have them work on it. Will be my last resort......

Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 PM
Default 2005 Accord EX - Right Low Beam Headlight Problem

Right low beam does not work - right high beam DOES work.
Changed out the bulb - same problem... no low beam, good high beam.
Checked and switched out fuses - same problem.. no low, good high.
Replaced headlight switch on steering columm ... no low, good high.

Headed to the dealership unless I get some sage wisdom... any advice???

Thanks!

Garr

Old 01-13-2011, 02:29 AM
Super Moderator

I don't have a wiring diagram for an 05 accord.

There are two sides to the bulb circuit. One side needs 12V and the other side needs ground.

If you have a volt meter, see if you have 12V between the non-black pin and ground (valve cover bolt) when the headlights are turned on for the bulb that is not working. If you don't have 12V, you will have to work backwards.

If you have 12V, then see if you have ~zero resistance to ground.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:17 AM
Default Hopefully your resolution was as simple as mine

There are two lights on each side. I only thought that there was 1. The one closest to the engine is the high beam. I know that this is simple, but all the other cars that I have had, only had one lamp for both low and high beam. I never thought to look for a second.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Make sure you are changing the correct lamp. there are two on each side of the car. the one closest to the engine is the high beam.