Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

How to make fire come out of exhaust pipe??

Old 04-20-2008, 03:48 PM
icecoldstar
Unregistered
Default How to make fire come out of exhaust pipe??

I see them on video games such as need for speed and stuff. when they change gear, small flame comes out of the exhaust pipe. It looks really cool, and im wondering how to do that

Old 04-20-2008, 04:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: How to make fire come out of exhaust pipe??

You dont want to do that.

Old 04-20-2008, 05:01 PM
icecoldstar
Unregistered

Obviously I'm NOT going to do it on my car...
I'm just wondering how it's done that's all

Old 04-20-2008, 06:20 PM

That is so stupid to do in real life.The so called "Fire" is you burning gas.....defin. not a good sign of your engine.

Make that a regular habit and say good bye to your engine block.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:49 PM

remove both O2 sensors,remove your resonator and catalytic convertor and don't change your oil every 3 months.and a turbo.
(sarcasm)
and i don't even know why are you trying mock a damn game!this is real life, whats next?you going to run away from the police with a helicopter on you and avoid them just like need for speed most wanted.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:16 AM

Contrary to what has been posted, my S will do under full throttle in between gears. It does no damage totheengine since it is taking place after it leaves the engine. Now as to whether it is bad for the exhaust system, well that I can not atest to.

As also already stated, you need to have no cats installed and boost definitely helps. My O2 sensors are moved out of the direct exhaust flow so as to limit their exposure to the spent (and unspent)exhaust.

I did not set out to make this happen, it just did as an after-effect of boost and no cats.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:40 AM

there are exhaust flame thrower kits you can install in 10-30 minutes. basically you either use a tap into your existing gas tank or use another with a pump, or interrupt your ignition timing (not really suggested) and throw a sparkplug near your exhaust tip... it sounds over simplified, but it's really not a difficult set-up at all...

they also will not damage your exhaust (if done right); aside from any suit build-up from the flames themselves... all in all not a difficult job and can be done cheaply in most accounts...

i've helped install 4 of these, and all 4 are still running at least 5 years later (1 is 7 years old, still working great on the same hardware minus the coil).

they look cool, but with the cost of gas today, and the possibility of torching your bumper - i wouldn't do it... if you had a classic car with a short bumper and long tip - then you could get away with it... or a motor cycle, those look cool with them too.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:56 AM

Saw an Integra do it on a free-way on ramp... pretty sure he was just running a test pipe because there wasn't anything special about the car...

Old 04-22-2008, 08:35 AM

what do you mean nothing super about it?you have the ability to look throughsomeone's hood?..not to sound rude

Old 04-22-2008, 09:08 AM

ORIGINAL: HORSEPOWERJUNKIE2007

you have the ability to look throughsomeone's hood?
Speaking of this....have any of you guys seen those crazy hoods you can see through? Those are insane. I haven't ever seen one in person - just in magazines.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to make fire come out of exhaust pipe??