General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Front turn signal bulb replacement

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 09:54 AM
GregRice
Unregistered
Default Front turn signal bulb replacement

1998 Accord LX 4D

I can't seem to find this question answered so...

How do you replacethe front turn signal bulbs?

There's an access hole near the bulb, but it's too small for my hand and the bulb is too far to exert much force with the tips of my fingers. I tried removing the whole assembly, but can't get it out.

Help Please!

Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Front turn signal bulb replacement

look up FatRyan .... no joke. ..... skip to the end though for the answer

Old 11-30-2007, 01:48 PM
GregRice
Unregistered

Thank you falkore24... But I went crazy about 2 hours ago and just started removing stuff (the bumper cover was the main thing) so that I could remove the light assembly. I finally was able to take out the assembly.

I replaced the bulb and it works!

I only have 3 small bolts left over.

Greg

Old 11-30-2007, 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: GregRice

I only have 3 small bolts left over.
I HATE IT when that happens! It happens to the best of us! Hopefully it never happens to the techs though HAHA!

Old 11-30-2007, 03:58 PM

I had one screw left over when I did the cabin filter. I think that's why I have this annoying rattle I can't pin point. Double check your work and maybe you'll find where they go? Like 00 said it happens to the best of us, welcome to the club

Old 12-01-2007, 09:33 AM
GregRice
Unregistered

I know where one goes (probably all of them)... under the bumper cover. Maybe today, if I feel like getting aggrivated I'll take off the bumper cover and fix the issue.

Thanks for all your help

Old 12-28-2007, 10:09 AM
conniechung12
Unregistered

Hi,
I'm having the same issue. But I'm still not clear after doing a search here and reading the posts.Do I need to remove the front bumper to get to the front turn signal light bulb?

Old 12-28-2007, 10:28 AM

Connie, in the future you may want to start a new thread so it's easier to find your post.

Posted by DesertHonda
OK,, you can get to the bulb by partly removing the frt shield and stick your hand up there, turn the assembly to the lft, remove it from the lense and replace the bulb ,,

To clarify this a bit, under the frt bumper is a sheild piece (I believe this is what he's saying) and if you loosen it you can reach your hand up in behind the bulb, turn the bulb assembly to the left (counter clockwise) and it will come out.

Does that make more sense?

Old 05-22-2011, 01:33 PM

First a couple of comments. The front turn indicator lens assembly makes it appear at though there are 2 bulbs... not so, there's only 1. The single bulb has TWO filaments... and if one of the filaments is "open", the turn indicator flashes more rapidly than normal. (During 4-way emergency flash operation, in my case, it functioned completely normally, owing to that element being okay).

Access to the turn indicator lamp assembly on my 1989 Accord was by removing the splash guard, which is behind the lamp assembly and in front of the tire. (I'm a fairly "big guy"... and jacked up the car and removed the right front tire, to make access to removing the rear of the lamp assembly easier).

From beneath... it requires a fairly long reach upward. The lamp holder requires a counter clockwise half turn... then the holder will drop down within easy reach, owing to a relatively long wiring assembly.

W5LK