Detailing Discuss detailing your Accord within.

I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 12:50 AM
ItsaHonda
Unregistered
Default I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

Although this can work on any part of the car that has a stubborn bug, tar, etc. stain that doesn't come off easily with just soap water and sponge. I've tried several different bug & Tar removers, but they never worked for me. Back tracking a little, I've been using these Mr. Clean magic eraser sponges for a little while on everything from wiping down my furniture to cleaning the walls. They work fantastic. One day as I was washing my car and trying to scrub the bugs off the front bumper, I got to thinking about those eraser sponges! So, just for kicks I ran in the house and grabbed one. I got it damp w/ just regular water and went back outside to give it a try on the car. Viola, it took it all off with just a simple wipe! It also took off some tar that had splattered on to my rear bumber, shined up my exhaust tip and removed any other stain I found on the car... all with ease. They also clean up the interior nicely, too. There is a downfall to them, however, and thats that they are costly for a box of five. Each eraser can last for several uses, unless you also use them to clean your rims or something (which they also can do!) lol. They're actually designed for home uses, so using them on the car wears them out much faster... but they just work so well.

Just wondering if anyone else had discovered these little gems for cleaning up the car. If you haven't, give 'em a try... you'll be amazed.

Hopefully they'll eventually make some more durable versions that are more specific for cleaning cars, etc.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:29 AM
Default RE: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

I agree, they are pretty amazing. As far as use in the home it makes child's play out of cleaning fiberglass showers/tubs.
Also scuff marks on the interior of car doors just disappear.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!

anyone that doesnt have one of those should spray some wd-40 on a stubborn tar or bug spot and the same result will occur

lightshow

Old 01-21-2006, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Or buy some cause they dont leave that WD 40 smell...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-21-2006, 08:39 PM

lol......

Old 01-31-2006, 03:38 AM

if you really want to get those stubborn bug splats..... brake fluid..... takes everything off for you ^_^ or a chemical peal.... its only paint after all ^_-

Old 02-01-2006, 12:26 AM

mmm yea brake fluid can also double as a paint remover

Old 02-23-2006, 07:14 PM

Bugs and tar etc also come off easily with WD-40 believe it or not... Just spray the area fairly well and let it sit for a bit. Spray it again and scrub it off with a plain old towel... I used to do it all the time when I detailed cars for a living, works the best for road tar. P.S. You can use your thumbnail for little spots that get to terribly hard..

Old 03-05-2006, 08:25 AM

THE BRAKE FLUID DOES NOT SOUND SO GOOD

Old 03-20-2006, 12:51 AM

Also found that just soaking the bugs w/soap/water will soften them so they remove easily especially - if the vehicle is spray waxed frequently.

Quick Reply: I've finally found a way to easily remove bugs/dirt/tar off my bumper!!