Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Error after entering 5 digit radio code?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Default Error after entering 5 digit radio code?

So i'm getting an error after i enter the 5 digit radio code. any ideas of what this mite be? I mean it might be the wrong 5 digits but its on a lefit anti theft card taht i received with the car. THanks!!

Adam

Old 09-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Default RE: Error after entering 5 digit radio code?

if it says error then it's the wrong code.

Old 09-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

are you entering it right?

Old 09-23-2007, 05:48 AM

hmmm. smaglik how do you enter it right? i just thought u press the numbers on the radio. correct me if I'm rong. I use the Preset numbers...

Adam

Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Administrator

Hi DJ...
My guess is that it must be the wrong code that you have, Dont mind
Smaglik...he means well and he just loves to post things..get's his post count up higher that way [sm=happybounce.gif]

WheelBrokerAng

Old 09-23-2007, 08:20 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

Hi DJ...
My guess is that it must be the wrong code that you have, Dont mind
Smaglik...he means well and he just loves to post things..get's his post count up higher that way [sm=happybounce.gif]

WheelBrokerAng
for you angelo...

Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 PM

icic. could i call any honda dealer about this problem? Cause i bought my car at a auction not at a dealer.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:28 PM

So i'm getting an error after i enter the 5 digit radio code. any ideas of what this mite be? I mean it might be the wrong 5 digits but its on a lefit anti theft card taht i received with the car. THanks!!
Adam,

First of all to make sure your code is correct for your car you should be able to go toany Honda Dealership and they will look up your VIN and print out your code for free.

However, if you put in the wrong code more than a certain amount of times (3 or so) It will not let you put in the code at all. So, if this is the case and you want to retrya code....preferably thecode that you know is rightthat you get from the dealer. To be able to reentera code you will need to disconnect yournegative battery terminal forat least 30 secs. That should reset the radio so that you can reeenter. Hope this helps

Old 09-25-2007, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Dj Insanity

icic. could i call any honda dealer about this problem? Cause i bought my car at a auction not at a dealer.
Place of purchase shouldn't matter. If it's a honda a honda dealer should support/service it for you.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:13 AM

Ok Thanks. I called the dealer by my house and the place where you purchased it does matter. (Don't worry it sounds like im trying to be a butthole but im not jsut letting you know ). It matters cause if you bought it at there dealer they have your car in there system and they can just look up your VIN number to get your security code. But if you arent in there system then they charge 110 bucks to take out the radio and look at the serial number and then base that on the code. Just letting you guys know!!

Adam

Quick Reply: Error after entering 5 digit radio code?